ShrikeBot Manual Version 1.7
updates and fixes
- chapter 3 & 4 - updated.
- chapter 5, added new shrikebot.cfg chapter.
- waypoint chapter has moved to #6.
- more waypoint instructions.
- new look...
Here is the online version:
Manual version 1.7
Or look in the navigation bar on the left.
Shrikebot Version 1.3
updates and fixes
- fixed bomb spot waypoints.
- added breakable waypoint.
- added "don't view enemy wpts" to the menu. this option hides the enemy
waypoints when waypointing in team specific mode.
- fixed path adding when non team specific. (it didn't add paths to other team
- added snipers and rocket classes kill villagers
- fixed bots don't bunny hop when seeing an enemy when standing but can't see
them when ducking. so snipers should work good behind objects.
- fixed snipers aim some more.
- added sniper laser spot when "funmode 1" in on.
- added sniper stays in position of the placed waypoint. (should stay prone
when he was even with enemy in sight. also crouch, standing).
- added "funmode 1" now also works when running from dedicated server.
- fixed client disconnect code which caused server crashes when real clients
- should work good with admin/meta mod.
- added bot yell medic when hurt.
- added waypoint stats (to the menu).
- added "view_clan on/off"
- added sniper uses scope. (hehehe master killa.)
- added funmode.
- navigation is improved greatly.
- new waypoints for better game play.
Shrikebot Version 1.2
updates and fixes
- added bots yell "fire in hole" or "hit the deck" when they see a hand
grenade or c4 or are about to throw c4.
- added officers yell "move out" or "spread out" when just (re)spawned.
- fixed medic's don't heal enemies no more.
- added bot yell "yes sir" or "Negative" when player yells "move out" or
"spread out". (when in hearing range. all classes except the officers and the
- added medic's yell "move out" or "spread out" when done healing.
- added medic's heal players automatically (no need to yell) when they see
them and are hurt more as 51% and in viewing range.
- added medic's listen to yell "medic" or "help" when in viewing range.
- fixed medic stops healing when player is full or can't be healed. (bot
ignores for 5 seconds then tries again when still in viewing range).
- bot_skill ( was "botskill". 1 is best >> 5 is worst, new option 6 for random
- added command "view_skill on/off" (lets you see the bots skill in the player
score list, this goes for new bots joining the server. default on)
- addbot (options are now::
addbot x y z name.
x = team.
y = class (now also made sure that no wrong class can't spawn in wrong team).
z = bot skill (1 to 5 and 6 is random).
name = ???
- fixed addbot (when options where invalid game crashed. also fixed that no
bot can spawn out side his team:. ie. a nva sapper on a usmc team....).
- added fill server command, "fill_serv xx". where xx goes the number of
bots you want.
- added fill server to shrikebot menu (uses the max players setting as max).
- fixed bot walking on slopes (although I liked it when they go slow, but it
caused bot stuck).
- added bot shall try to kill villager when obstructing. (only the
us-regenlistee and nva-regular).
- changed bot navigation (hope they turn around less. waypointers.. use
precision tags when bot tend to turn around and go back, it will turn them the
right way ).
- fixed some of the guns aiming.
- optimized code (look at dll size).
- enhanced the sniper waypoint. (is now also for rocketeers and no more then 1
bot at sniper spot.. if there are more as one at spot then one will leave
after random time between 15 to 35 seconds.... they might both leave).
- tried to fix the Jump waypoint (seems better... bot needs to be in same line
when jumpin right way).
- Menu tags (waypoint tag menu now selects the nearest own team waypoint if
"auto team" is on).
- fixed precision waypoints.
- fixed door waypoints.
- fixed navigation (overall).
- added waypoint system on/off.
- added tag viewing on/off.
- added tag/whole waypoint viewing (just for the fun of it).
- new command "shrikebot color off/tag/wpt" see above.
- added code for TFW... those who are lucky TFW beta testers can use this bot.
* dedicated server commands
prefix = shr
syntax = shr "addbot 1 0" quotes are necessary or else only the addbot is
processed and not the arguments.
on remote clients use regular rcon options.
Shrikebot Version 1.1
- Fixed crashing bug regarding bots killin villagers.
- Updated most waypoints.
- Fixed bot don't get stuck anymore (well atleast less as before).
- New location for navigation files (now in the "nav" folder, delete those
files when game crashes or when bots act weird or get stuck).
- Rebuild Path command (deletes and rebuilds paths in game).
- More info in the forums.
First Public release 18-12-2002,
Shrikebot Version 1.0
In this first bot version
- Use most of there weapons depending on distance.
- Capture Flags, Bring Flags to base, Use C4 on bomb locations.
- Hold king of the hill control areas.
- Snipers and Rocketeers use the sniper spots.
- Medics heal when health is LOW.
- Run, walk, duck, crouch, prone.
- Kill villagers when in the way.
- Need waypoints to navigate over the map.
- there is more info in the forums.